Located in the heart of Uptown Saint John, Saint John Arts Centre offers a beautiful, unique venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions, or both!
About the Space
Saint John Arts Centre is Greater Saint John’s community arts centre, making its home in the beautiful Carnegie Building. This turn-of-the-20th-century former library boasts spacious galleries with high ceilings, fine architectural details and exhibits of contemporary art and fine craft.
Historic space meets modern amenities at Saint John Arts Centre. A wide array of practical furnishings are at your disposal, plus useful extras such as linens, glassware, even a grand piano! Our accessible building has a full kitchen, and our reception desk converts to a great bar space.
Our courteous and professional staff will be on hand to help make your special day extra special, whether it’s a short & sweet exchange of vows or a large reception with full food & beverage service. We are happy to recommend proven excellent outside suppliers, too!
The Spaces: Specs
Port Saint John Gallery: 45’ x 24’; Ceiling height: 20’
• Ideal for: traditional wedding ceremony (115 attendees);
sit-down dinner (60); cocktail reception with some seating (80+)
City Gallery: Port Saint John Gallery size in two spaces
• Similar to Port Saint John Gallery for slightly smaller gatherings in a more intimate, two-section space
Tompkins Studio Hall
• Makes a great space for catering back-of-house, bridal party prep
Entire Main Floor
• Rent Port Saint John & City, get Tompkins at no extra charge
AUDIO/VIDEO & SOUND
• 46” Smart TV & Blu-Ray player for slideshows / videos
• In-house sound system & mics (great for ceremony/background music, speeches, and dancing)
• Baldwin 6′ grand piano
FURNISHINGS & EQUIPMENT
• Assortment of tables: banquet, glass-topped round, small café
• Restaurant-grade white linens available for all tables
• Comfortable padded folding chairs
• Lighted speakers’ podium
• Convenient nearby parking
CATERING & BEVERAGE
• Affordable in-house catering available for intimate ‘wine & cheese’ receptions: cheese & meat trays, fruit & veggie trays, sweets
• In-house beverage service: coffee and tea service, non-alcoholic fruit punch, chilled bottled water
• White table linens, wine glasses, china coffee cups & saucers, china tea cups & saucers available
• We are happy to recommend proven excellent suppliers, too!
OFFICE & TECH SUPPORT
• Photocopier / laser printer
Contact us for a quote on your next event!
Kelly Cunningham, Promotions & Event Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org • 506.633.4870
Download our Wedding Rentals Brochure here.