SJAC is excited to sponsor Film Nights, a fantastic program returning thanks to our friends and colleagues of Third Space Gallery, Saint John’s artist-run centre!
From Third Space:
Third Space is happy to revive Film Nights in 2023! Our film nights are a way to bring the community together through our love of the art world. From documentaries to biopics, Third Space Film Night is open to all those who are looking to fill up their Thursday evening with friendly faces, snacks, and screen time about any and all artists throughout our lifetimes.
All screenings will take place in the Tompkins Studio Hall, located on the first floor of the Saint John Arts Centre. Here’s what you need to know to secure a seat in front of the big screen:
- Entrance to the Saint John Arts Centre for Film Night will be through the basement door off the Carleton Street small parking area (An elevator is available if needed.)
- Start time for the movies will be at 6pm AST, most screenings will have a runtime of 1h30 to 2h
- Admission is Pay What You Can at the door, with recommendations of $10 per person, or $5 for members, seniors, and students. You can pay by cash, card, or e-transfer.
- Complimentary Covid-friendly snacks (chips & carbonated beverages) will be available!
- Gender neutral and single stall washrooms are available.
- Masks are encouraged.
There Are No Fakes – Thursday, August 24, 2023
Lights, camera, action! Join us on Thursday, July 27th from 6-8pm at the SJAC for the screening of “There Are No Fakes”.
Synopsis: A painting, apparently the work of an iconic Native artist, leads the rockstar who buys it into the tragic, brutal world of an art forgery ring in Canada’s far north.