IMPORTANT COVID POLICY UPDATE
As of Monday, February 28/22, visitors to SJAC will no longer be required to show proof of vaccination.
Please note that out of an abundance of caution, SJAC will continue to keep a mandatory mask policy in place for all programs (workshops, galleries, performing arts events, rental events) after the Public Health restrictions are lifted on March 14/22. We will continue to monitor and reassess in the coming weeks.
SJAC is excited to welcome back Jane Geurts to teach Studio 65+ Watercolours. As Jane guides you through a variety of techniques, you will discover the qualities that make watercolour such an enjoyable and unique experience. This workshop is designed for beginners who have never picked up a brush before, through to intermediate level participants.
In this workshop you will explore:
- The characteristics of watercolour painting
- How to mix your paints
- How to use watercolour washes, wet-on-wet techniques, flat wash, graded wash
- The basic colour palette
- Watercolour lifting techniques
- The composition of good landscape painting
- How to create effective looking landscapes/seascapes
- Creating light in your landscapes/seascapes
- How to paint moody watercolour skies
- Matting and framing techniques for watercolor paintings
Workshop materials kit is purchased from the instructor on week one and includes:
- Watercolour Paper: 140lb and 90lb cold press sheets
- Palette: warm and cool versions of red, blue and yellow, plus black and white
- Brushes: round, flat and angle
- Drawing pencil
- White magic eraser
- Mixing palette/plate
- 8”x10” Matt for a 5”x7” painting
- Foam core board
- Instructional notes
Dates: Tuesday afternoons – April 26, May 3, 10, 17, 2022
Duration: 4 weeks
Tuition fee: $110 for adults / Seniors aged 65+ are eligible for a 20% discount on all adult workshops; enter coupon code SENIOR65 at checkout.
Supplies fee: $20, purchased from your instructor at the first class
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Capacity: 10 students