SJAC is seeking an Education Coordinator!
Hours: Four days / 30 hours a week, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-5pm • Salary: $24,960 annually
This position requires leadership, working as part of a team, problem solving and organizational skills. You would be responsible for the coordination of all workshops, educational, and outreach programs at the Saint John Arts Centre. Other duties would include: working at the front desk and general office duties; assisting with regular social media messaging; maintaining volunteer databases; internal statistics including CADAC; assisting the Director in exhibition and workshop material; handling mail, telephone calls, and walk-ins.
Accountable to: Executive Director, who may assign tasks or projects as required.
- Manage and coordinate the various SJAC workshop registrations and notices.
- Manage exhibition sales.
- Manage and expand the Outreach Program.
- Research and plan special events.
- General customer service.
Working with Promotions and Events Coordinator:
- Assist in coordinating daily social media messages.
- Have access to website in order to monitor and respond to workshop inquiries and registrations.
- Work closely on events such as the annual fundraiser, exhibition openings and the volunteer appreciation lunch.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of volunteers as required
- Act as a docent to interact with the public on various exhibitions
Data and Statistics:
- Generate and update contact lists for volunteers and workshop attendees.
- Keep a daily record of your hours worked.
- Correspondence and filing.
- Update CADAC statistics each quarter.
- Maintain updates on computers.
- Maintain office and reception supplies (order and pick-up as required)
Please send a cover letter and resumé/CV via email to Andrew Kierstead, Executive Director: email@example.com