SJAC’s regular gallery hours are currently in effect: Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5pm. We welcome visitors to all of our galleries to enjoy our featured exhibits by Bonny Hill in the Port Saint John Gallery, Kathy Hooper & Deborah Payne in the City Gallery, and a retrospective celebrating Peter Salmon in the third floor galleries.
Of course there are some changes and it will take a bit longer to resume all of our regular programs, but we are excited to be able to welcome the community back to enjoy artwork in the historic Carnegie Building, attend socially-distanced performing arts events, and sign up for workshops!
Here are a few notes for visitors as we work to re-open safely as a public building:
- Visitors will be reminded with signage to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms – if you have any symptoms, please wait until you are fully recovered before you visit.
- Please enter by the main doors only (opposite law courts) unless you require mobility access
- Community face masks are required (we have disposable masks on request)
- Contact tracing is required (a quick check-in with front desk staff to leave your name and contact info in a secure document only used by staff)
- Staff will monitor maximum capacity to ensure social distancing is possible
- Signage inside will help direct you to optimize social distancing
The public is welcome to read our full COVID-19 Operational Plan here / Appendices (floorplan, signage, cleaning checklists) here.