Conveniently located in Uptown Saint John, Saint John Arts Centre offers a unique venue with a variety of spaces suited for your next business event.
ABOUT THE SPACE
Saint John Arts Centre is Greater Saint John’s community arts centre, making its home in the historic Carnegie Building. This turn-of-the-20th-century former library boasts spacious galleries with high ceilings, fine architectural details and exhibits of contemporary art and fine craft.
Historic space meets modern amenities at Saint John Arts Centre. A wide array of practical furnishings are at your disposal, plus a useful complement of A/V and sound equipment. Our accessible building has a full kitchen, and our reception desk converts to a great bar space.
Our courteous and professional staff will be on hand to help make your event a success, whether it’s a small seminar with tech support required, or a large event with full food and beverage service. We are happy to recommend proven excellent outside suppliers, too!
THE SPACES: SPECS
FRAZEE: 45’ x 24’; Ceiling height: 20’
• Ideal for: auditorium-style presentations (115 attendees); horseshoe-style meeting (38)
sit-down dinner (60); standing cocktail reception (80-150)
CITY: Frazee size in two spaces
• Similar to Frazee Gallery for slightly smaller groups in a more intimate, two-section space
TOMPKINS STUDIO HALL
• Private mini-theatre with balcony; ideal for groups up to 40 for A/V presentations, working lunches
• Comfortably accommodates 12
AUDIO/VIDEO & SOUND
• Open-access WiFi
• New digital projector & screen
• 46” Smart TV & Blu-Ray player
• In-house sound system (great for background music or amplified events for large groups.)
FURNISHINGS & EQUIPMENT
• Assortment of tables: banquet, glass-topped round, small café
• Restaurant-grade white linens available for all tables
• Comfortable padded folding chairs
• Lighted speakers’ podium
• Convenient nearby parking
CATERING & BEVERAGE
• Affordable in-house catering available for ‘wine & cheese’ events: cheese & meat trays, fruit & veggie trays, sweets
• In-house beverage service: coffee and tea service, non-alcoholic fruit punch, chilled bottled water
• Wine glasses, china coffee cups & saucers, china tea cups & saucers available
• We are happy to recommend proven excellent suppliers, too!
OFFICE & TECH SUPPORT
• Photocopier / laser printer
A FEW EXAMPLES OF RENTAL EVENT PHOTOS AT SJAC
Each rental is as unique as the client – our friendly, experienced staff will do our very best to accommodate the needs of your event.
The photos featured here provide a glimpse at just some of what Saint John Arts Centre has to offer our rental clients. From Top to bottom, left to right:
• Seminar in the Frazee Gallery: Enjoy the unique opportunity to appreciate contemporary art exhibits while you work.
• Aitken Rotunda: The architectural highlight of the Carnegie Building makes a great reception area, with a vaulted ceiling, stained glass skylight and mosaic tile floor.
• Catering to suit your event: With a range of catering options, from simple in-house nibble trays to full multi-course dinners from your choice of vendor, there’s an option to fit your needs and budget. This ‘working lunch’
is from Slocum & Ferris in the nearby City Market.
• Classroom-style meeting: SJAC has a variety of practical furnishings onsite, set up to your specifications.
• Specialized A/V needs: This meeting required a full translation booth and equipment, easily accommodated in our spacious Frazee Gallery.
• Press conference: With staging, sound equipment, and open access WiFi, our Frazee or City Galleries are an ideal space for press conferences or public presentations.
• Social Events: A cocktail reception in the entire main floor with 200+ guests is easily accommodated.
Contact us for a quote on your next event!
Nora Bowes, Business Administrator &
Kelly Cunningham, Promotions & Event Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org • 506.633.4870