IMPORTANT COVID POLICY UPDATE
As of September 22, 2021, some New Brunswick businesses will require Proof of Vaccination to access non-essential services. All of SJAC’s programs (workshops, galleries, performing arts events, rental events) fall under the included categories of services.
All people aged 12 and up will be required to show their record of immunization or medical exemption certificate and a government issued identification to be able to access our programs.
*Please also note that SJAC is maintaining a mandatory community face mask policy until further notice.*
- 12″ x 16″ pre-gessoed canvas
- Canvas paper pad (9″ x 12″ or 11″ x 14″)
- Oil brushes (traditional bristle/hog’s hair or synthetic): #0 Round, #4 Bright, #12 Flat, #8 Angular.
- Oil paints (small tubes – 37 ml): Titanium White, Cadmium Red (dark hue), Cadmium yellow (light hue), French Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue, Burnt Umber
- Palette (plexiglass, wood or plastic)
- Taltine (odourless thinner)
- Linseed Oil
- Palette knife (#3/ 3.74″ blade) or smaller
- 3 clean mason jars
- 1 small jar or tin (for holding paint medium)
- Paper towel or cloth rags (for clean-up)
- Wear old clothes or an apron
If you register online, please put a note in the ‘Additional Information > Order Notes’ field to inform us of your teen’s name and age.
Age Group: this class is designed for youth ages 13-18
About your instructor:
Mary Garoutte is a professional visual artist who recently moved to Saint John from Halifax, NS, and has 17 years experience in the field of art and art education.
Garoutte holds her degree from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (BFA 2004) and specializes in oil painting in the Alla Prima tradition. She has exhibited throughout Canada and internationally, notably at the University of Ulsan in Ulsan, South Korea.