Port Saint John and SJAC are very excited to announce a new biennial artist residency for 2020-2021. The residency will include unique access to the Port as a means to inspire a new body of work, culminating in an exhibit at the newly sponsored Port Saint John Gallery at the Saint John Arts Centre in September of 2021.
The successful applicant will receive funding in the form of a $4000 stipend for the development of body of work, plus a $2000 CARFAC fee for the exhibit. The Saint John Arts Centre will provide exhibit support (documentation, exhibit labelling, promotion, etc.)
Download the fillable application (link below) to apply; all guidelines and eligibility criteria are included in the form.
Download Port Saint John 2020-2021
Artist Residency Application Form here
• Applications open: August 6, 2020
• Application deadline: September 30, 2020
• Announcement of selected artist: October 15, 2020
• Start of residency: October 2020
• Exhibition start: September 10, 2021