SJAC is thrilled to welcome back classically-trained artist and educator Melissa Kennedy! This summer, Melissa offers a special week-long torso sculpting course. Combining demos and lots of hands-on sculpting time, students will work through observing a live model.
Students will practice the techniques of modelling a small-scale torso in clay from a live model.
Instruction will include ideas such as:
- how to set up a model and sculpture effectively
- techniques of observation
- finding accurate proportions and body type
- understanding the underlying anatomical structure
- looking and understanding the gesture of the torso
- finding and building specific shapes
- compositional decision making
- surface quality, texture, and technique
August 26-30, 2019 (Mon-Fri) • 9:30AM-4:30PM (1 hr break for lunch) • Cost: $400; all supplies included • Space is limited, maximum of 6 participants