Ready to begin a new hobby of quilting? SJAC is proud to welcome back sewing expert Margo Duff for a fun introduction to this time-honoured skill!
In this six week course, Margo will introduce and walk you through the basic steps of quilting and guide you as you create a simple, but beautiful quilt from start to finish – this pattern is called ‘XOXO’, pattern designed by ‘Me and My Sister Designs’.
Participants must choose in advance their fabrics and purchase the supplies required.
Tuesdays 6:30-8:30PM • January 8 – February 12, 2018 • Cost: $95
Supplies and Equipment to bring
Fabric Materials (finished size 36 ½ x 36 ½”)
- 1 Layer Cake (10” x 10” blocks) which has a collection of 42 coordinating fabrics OR
- six different ½ yard (.50 metre) cotton prints (scraps can be used, 10″ x 10″ pieces needed)
- 1 yard (1 m) of white cotton
- 3 ¾ yards (3 m) of cotton for backing
- ¾ yard (.80m) cotton for binding
- cotton coordinating thread
- quilt batting
- portable sewing machine
- seam ripper
- safety pins (for basting the quilt together)
Optional: rotary cutter and cutting mat