Join SJAC’s own board member Gary A. Davis for this fun, informal, illustrated series all about art appreciation!
Topics to include:
- What are the reasons for and purposes of art?
- Who is an artist? What do they do?
- Fine Arts vs. Fine Craft
- Five basic types of Fine Art
- Four main styles of painting
- Artistic Technique
- Theory: colour, perspective, philosophy, and conventions
- Types of media
- Types of Methodologies: Pyramids to Picasso, Social History, Connoisseurship, and Iconography
- Towards an Aesthetic: value, criteria, taste, judgement, and cultural implications
Session 1: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 • 7 – 8:30pm • Admission by freewill offering